Following today’s post about a new fictional world – or, at least, the new box to put my toys in – I thought I’d share my current list of projects to make up for the times when it looks like I’m doing nothing.
- A Pack Of Lies (Novel, Fur-Skins, Elkie 2), 1st draft – beta reading,
- Good Form (Practice script based on short story), 1st draft – stewing,
- An Invisible Tide (Short, sf), 2nd draft – beta reading,
- Untitled (Novella, R&D), 1st draft in progress,
- Untitled (Novella, R&D), notes,
- Brothers Under The Skin (Novel, Fur-Skins, Elkie 3), notes,
- Into The Greenwood / Queen of Fools? (Novel, fantasy), notes,
I’m about three quarters of the way through the first draft of the first R&D “Untitled” on my list. But I really do very little writing. I just peck away at it when I can, which is why things take a while to emerge in final copy.
My “to be rewritten” mountain is a similar length, if I keep it down to the work I’m intending to read through and then make a decision on this year – maybe even redo, time allowing:
- City of Dreams (Novella, fantasy),
- Cubus Mk I (Short, sf),
- Down-Time (Short, New Dryas)
- Faith (Short, Virtuous World)
- Spore (Short, sf)
- The Grace of Wolves (Short, Fur-Skins, Alex & Conn)
- The Longest Night (Novel, New Dryas)
- White Heart (Novel, Virtuous World)
You may recognise some of those from when I first got into writing with intent – back in 2007, no less. I suspect some of them count towards the first however many hundred thousand words that are supposed to be total crap. Some chunks of those are total crap but I want to see if there’s anything worth salvaging.